Sony Pictures has set a Christmas release date for Marc Forster’s upcoming comedy feature A Man Called Otto, starring Tom Hanks.
Sony is humming along with its most recent batch of initiatives. The Hollywood Reporter reports that the studio has revealed adjustments and release dates for a number of future titles. A Man Called Otto, starring Tom Hanks, is one of the projects. It has been granted a holiday release date and will be released in theatres on December 25, 2022.
A Man Called Otto will be a remake of A Man Called Ove, a 2015 Swedish comedy-drama. The movie follows a retired man who forms an odd connection with his new neighbors, based on the book of the same name by Swedish author Fredrick Backman. The 2015 Swedish film adaption was a success, earning two Oscar nominations, including one for best foreign-language film. The new adaptation will star Tom Hanks in the titular character, with Mariana Trevio, Rachel Keller, and Manuel Garcia-Rulfo as co-stars. Marc Foster will helm the film, which will be based on David Magee’s script. The picture was sold in a bidding war a few weeks previously at the Berlin Film Festival.
According to the synopsis:
“Otto, a crotchety, grumpy, and ferociously rigid widower will be the protagonist of the film. He holds his entire community accountable for his beliefs, which he judges on a daily basis. Just as this secluded (and deeply lonely) guy who is still grieving his wife’s death appears to have entirely lost the spark for life, pining for death, he establishes an odd connection with his new neighbors. Otto gradually but steadily begins to transform. However, when old habits die hard, the road to transformation is not easy.”
The impending sci-fi thriller 65 was also given an update. The film was originally scheduled to be released on April 29, 2022, but has since been pushed back to April 14th, 2023. Adam Driver will play an astronaut who crashes lands on a foreign planet only to learn he is not alone. Scott Beck and Bryan Woods, best known for co-writing John Krasinski’s 2018 hit A Quiet Place, co-wrote and co-directed the film. Ariana Greenblatt and Chloe Coleman will co-star with Driver in the flick.
- Unsellable houses Season 3 Release Date: Renewed or Cancelled on HGTV?
- I Am Shauna Rae’ Season 2: Renewed Or Cancelled By Creators?
- Rhodes To The Top Season 2: Release Date & Renewal Confirmation By TNT!
- How I Met Your Father’ Season 2: Will It Get Renewal on HULU?
The Cast Of A Man Called Otto:
- Ove is played by Rolf Lassgard.
- Parvaneh as Bahar Pars
- Young Ove is played by Filip Berg.
- Sonja is played by Ida Engvoll.
- Patrick is played by Tobias Almborg (Lufsen)
- Jimmy is played by Klas Wiljergard.
- Anita is played by Chatarina Larsson.
- Rune is played by Borje Lundberg.
- Ove’s Father is played by Stefan Godicke.
- Johan Widerberg in the role of The Whiteshirt
- Lena, played by Anna-Lena Bergelin, is a journalist.
- Sepideh (Parvaneh’s daughter) is played by Nelly Jamarani.
- Nasanin (Parvaneh’s daughter) is played by Zozan Akgun.
- Ove, played by Viktor Baagoe, is seven years old.
- Adrian is played by Simon Edenroth.
- Mirsad is played by Poyan Karimi.
- Maja Rung in the role of Young Anita
- Young Rune is played by Simeon Da Costa Maya.
- Mahat is played by Jessica Olsson.
- Anders is played by Fredrik Evers.
- Tom is played by Ola Heden.
- Ove’s Colleague is Lasse Carlsson.
- Beppo the Clown is played by Anna Granath.
- Emelie Stromberg in the role of a flower shop employee
- Christoffer Nordenrot in the role of a Whiteshirt
- White Shirt Man 2 is played by Simon Reithner.
- Conductor: Jerker Fahlstrom
- Johanna Karlberg in the role of a DIY shop clerk
- Director: Johan Friberg
- Erik Stahlberg in the role of the White shirt (flashback)
- Magnus Sundberg as a man with a tattoo on his neck
- Ove’s doctor is played by Karin de Frumerie.
Trailer of A Man Called Otto:
Let’s watch and enjoy it.
That’s all there is to know about A Man Called Otto. Stay tuned for more updates and information!