After what seems like an eternity, fans will, at last, get to watch their beloved detective and faerie team appear together on TV once more. Carnival Row is an original series produced by Amazon Prime Video and created by Travis Beecham (Pacific Rim, Clash of the Titans). The story follows the lives of inhabitants of the Burge, both human and fae, and the secrets that surround them.
The return of Carnival Row Season 2 will bring Rycroft “Philo” Philostrate (played by Orlando Bloom), Vignette Stonemoss (played by Cara Delevigne), and the rest of the Burge to our screens, but fans are all wondering the same thing: when!?
Filming was put on hold in March 2020 due to the COVID-19 epidemic, and it wasn’t allowed to begin again until January 2021, as Cara Delevigne acknowledged in a short Instagram post. Filming was only able to continue when the pandemic was contained. Another delay happened, but this time it was for a lot more positive reason: Bloom and his fiancée, Katy Perry, had their first child together. According to a goodbye message that was published on Bloom’s Instagram, filming will be completed in September of 2021 after she had the opportunity to spend some much-needed time with her family in Prague. Fans are still unsure of when Carnival Row will return despite the passage of nearly three years since its closure.
Carnival Row Season 2 Release Date Confirmed?
With filming complete, the cast and crew have gone home, and post-production is now underway. According to rumors, Season 2 will premiere soon, a full three years after the premiere of the series. With no release date stated, we are left with the question of how the product will be distributed.
Unfortunately, the second season of Carnival Row will not be joining the roster of new movies and television series that will be available on Amazon Prime Video in June of 2022.
The release date of Carnival Row Season 2 has not yet been confirmed by Amazon Prime Video as of the time that this article was written. Since it took over 17 months for the first season to become available on the streaming service after filming came to an end, we may anticipate that Carnival Row Season 2 will make its debut in the third or fourth quarter of 2022 if the production schedule remains the same.
Carnival Row Season 2 Plot Revealed?
As was to be expected, we don’t have a lot of information regarding the upcoming season of Carnival Row, but there are a lot of hints about what may take place following the show’s current ending.
As a result of the conclusion of the first season of Carnival Row, we are aware of one of the major findings: that the government is now working on a new segregation plan to separate magical creatures and normal humans correctly. Therefore, Philo made the decision to abscond with Vignette in order for the two of them to finally be together, which is certain to play a significant role in the following season.
Agreus and Imogen, who went away together to a safer area to spend their lives but were forced to return, are another tale that I’m sure we will be returning to at some point in the future. David Gyasi and Tamzin Merchant portray the roles of Agreus and Imogen, respectively. On the other hand, they declined. As long as the political environment of the legendary animals and the humans continue to be fraught with tension, these two love tales will almost certainly be developed further.
Carnival Row Season 2 Cast:
The second season will include…
- Orlando Bloom as Philostrate Rycroft. One of the principal protagonists who was formerly a detective. At the pinnacle of the first season, he gave up his position to join his love in the freshly changed slum of Carnival Row. He is half-fae and is now disgracing his ancestry.
- Cara Delevingne as Vignette Stonemoss. She is the second principal protagonist. She’s a faerie. She is also a rebel. She was a refugee aboard The Burgue, but she had to labor as a stowaway to pay off her debt. She previously loved Philo, and their connection has been rekindled.
- Arty Froushan plays the role of Jonah Breakspear. Jonah is the son of Absalom Breakspear, the murdered chancellor. He was abducted and later rescued. We learned that his mother kidnapped him (the witch.) After his father’s passing, he seized leadership of the Parliament of The Burgue. In season 2 of Carnival Row, he is responsible for the separating of humans and the ghettoization of faefolk.
- Tamzin Merchant as Imogen Spurnrose. Imogen fell in love with Agreus, a wealthy and refined man. The couple departed the country prior to the onset of chaos.
David Gyasi as Agreus Astrayon. A faun’s creature who has amassed a fortune independently. He fell in love with Imogen, and together they are evading the new Chancellor’s regulations.
- Andrew Gower in the role of Ezra Spurnrose. Ezra is Spurnrose’s leader. He is the sister’s brother. He has desire and retribution in mind for the second season.
- Karla Crome as Tourmaline Larou. His best buddy of Vignette is the tourmaline. She is a fey. She is employed in a brothel on Carnival Row.
- Simon McBurney in the role of Runyan Millworthy. Runyan was appointed as Jonah’s senior political advisor in the season one finale due to his honesty. We anticipate that he will serve as a moral compass for the incoming monarch.
Carnival Row Season 2 Trailer Out?
Disappointingly, the Carnival Row Season 2 trailer is yet to be released. Until then, watch the season 1 trailer.
Where to watch Carnival Row Season 2?
Amazon Prime Video has already debuted all eight episodes of Season 1 of Carnival Row. Prime Studios has stated that Season 2 of Carnival Row will also launch on the same popular streaming service. This means that Seasons 1 and 2 of this murder mystery series are available on Amazon Prime Video.