Refuting reports of skirmishes with Chinese forces in eastern Ladakh, the Indian Army has said no attempt was made by either side to capture the areas from where the troops had retreated. This reaction reports that the Chinese army had come within the Line of Actual Control (LAC) at several places in Ladakh, and there was a clash between the two sides.
Negotiations are on to resolve the dispute- Army.
The army said that India and China are in talks to resolve the current issues, and regular patrolling is going on along the LAC. The army has also made it clear that since June 2020, there has been no clash between the Indian and Chinese forces in Galwan or any other part. In a statement issued on Wednesday, the army said that the activities of the Chinese army are continuously monitored.
The clash took place in June last year.
In June last year, there was a violent clash between the soldiers of India and China, in which 20 Indian soldiers were martyred. After this, India and China increased military deployment on the LAC amid increased tension. To defuse the tension, the two sides continued talks at the political, diplomatic and military levels. Both countries have withdrawn troops from Pangong Lake after an agreement reached in February.
Despite several rounds of talks, China has refused to withdraw its troops from Hot Spring, Gogra and Depsang. Quoting security sources from The Print, it is written that China is continuously increasing the troops and equipment near the LAC. Given this, India has deployed thousands of soldiers in that area. Also, additional equipment and weapons have been sent there.