PEN15 is a cringe comedy streaming television series developed by Maya Erskine, Anna Konkle, and Sam Zvibleman that debuted on Hulu on February 8, 2019. Erskine and Konkle co-created the show with Zvibleman, Andy Samberg, Akiva Schaffer, Jorma Taccone, Becky Sloviter, Marc Provissiero, Brooke Pobjoy, Debbie Liebling, and Gabe Liedman.
Hulu renewed the series for the second season of fourteen episodes in May 2019, with the first half premiering on September 18, 2020. The series’ second season will be the series’ final season, according to reports in November 2021.
It received an IMDb rating of 8 out of 10. Cringe humour abounds in the series PEN15. Let’s learn everything there is to know about the third season of the PEN15 television series.
Season 3 of PEN15 has a release date.
The Hulu Network has yet to declare its plans for the TV series “PEN15.” However, based on the prior timetable, the expected launch date of PEN15’s third season is Friday, February 14, 2025.
‘Pen15’ season 2 debuted on Hulu in two parts, the first on September 18, 2020, and the second on December 3, 2021. On August 27, 2021, an animated special premiered. The second season, including the animated special, consists of 15 episodes, each lasting 27–38 minutes.
The Plot Of PEN15
PEN15 has attentively and successfully explored numerous themes that we can all recall struggling with as 13-year-olds, from unrequited romances to popularity concerns and friendship disagreements. With the characters still in 7th grade, there is bound to be more to cover in the future. Both pals were in trouble at the end of Season 2’s first half. Maya was distraught after Gabe (Dylan Gage), her co-star in a school play, broke up with her. Meanwhile, Anna, who has been dealing with her parent’s divorce, must determine which of her parents she will live with after the divorce.
Erskine and Konkle spoke with Harper’s Bazaar about what’s to come in the second half of season 2, claiming that their characters would be exposed to new situations. Konkle stated, “They’re going through another round of firsts. The inaugural season had a slew of firsts. This seven-episode run is the payback for all the firsts. It’s as though they’re wondering, ‘Who am I?’ What exactly is this? Is this my adolescence? ‘Am I a child?’ Then the next leg is like, ‘OK, I’m a teen.’ Here are some of my firsts. ‘I can take anything now.'”
With these new experiences planned for the upcoming episodes, it appears that season 3 will have “blowbacks” of these upcoming occurrences. Furthermore, the show’s narrative will most likely be finishing up in 7th grade shortly, therefore the third season may shift the show’s plot towards the following grade. Whatever happens with PEN15 will almost probably be as embarrassing, amusing, and touching as everything else we’ve seen thus far.
Season 3 Cast of PEN15:
The PEN15 Season 3 cast is likely to be announced soon.
- Maya Erskine in the role of Maya Ishii-Peters
- Anna Konkle in the role of Anna Kone
- Yuki Ishii-Peters is played by Mutsuko Erskine.
- Fred Peters is played by Richard Karn.
- Curtis Kone is played by Taylor Nichols.
- Kathy Kone is played by Melora Walters.
- Taj Cross in the role of Sam Zablowski
- Shuji Ishii-Peters is played by Dallas Liu.
- Gabe Leib is played by Dylan Gage.
- Becca is played by Sami Rappoport.
- Heather Taylor is played by Anna Pniowsky.
- Mr. O is played by Brandon Keener.
- Evan is played by Allius Barnes.
- Terra Newback is played by Marion Van Cuyck.
- Brendan Tooler is played by Brady Allen.
- Ms. Bell is played by Jill Basey.
- Alex is played by Lincoln Jolly.
- Ian Walsh is played by Ivan Mallon.
- Hannah Mae in the role of Connie M.
- Jafeer is played by Tony Espinosa.
- Jessica Abrams is played by Jessica Pressley.
- Albert is played by David Bowe.
- Jan is played by Diane Delano.
- Dustin is played by Isaac Edwards.
- Suze is played by Jennifer Steadman.
- Jenna is played by Carmina Garay.
- Ben Field is played by Brekkan Spens.
- Mrs. Tooler is played by Bernadette Guckin.
- Mr. Wyzell is played by Tim Russ.
- Brandt is played by Jonah Beres.
- Skyler is played by Nathaniel Matulessya.
- Stevie is played by Katie Silverman.
Recap of the Pen15 Animated Episode:
A new animation episode based on the same premise is scheduled to be released by Pen15. What has changed is that the series may have delivered its greatest episode yet in its animated special Jacuzzi.
Surprisingly, Jacuzzi beats all previous models. In this lighthearted Christmas episode, Maya Erskine and Anna Konkle travel to Florida with Anna’s newly divorced father. They meet some men, drink some drinks, and get up to some trouble. Nothing major happens in actuality, but everything seems significant depending on the lens through which it is viewed.
- Star Wars: The Bad Batch Season 2- Everything We Need To Know!
- Close Enough Season 3 – What We Know So Far in 2022! Latest Update!
- Chesapeake Shores Season 6: Is Next Season Is Going To Happen?
- The Legend of Vox Machina Season 2: Is Next Season of This Series Is Officially Confirmed?
Pen15 takes set 20 years ago, and the animation immediately reminds me of MTV’s Liquid Television from the 1990s.
The animated Jacuzzi also serves to mask the show’s main idea, which is that adult ladies play with youngsters. Erskine and Konkle no longer have to dress and act younger, and there’s no uncomfortable moment when they start chatting to 13-year-old guys. In animated form, Maya and Erskine are identical to everyone else. If the age gap between the actor and the role has been a turnoff for you, this episode may be a good place to start.
Season 3 Trailer for PEN15:
The official trailer for PEN15 Season 3 has yet to be published. We anticipate that it will be released shortly for the third season of the PEN15 series.
Find the trailer for the second season of the PEN15 series. Hulu released it on November 3rd, 2021. You can watch it below.