Dead By Daylight is a multiplayer video game where one player takes the role of a killer, and the other four members take on the part of survivors.
The survivor aims to escape the maps by running to a specific location, a safe zone, or an exit point. The killer has to catch, and torture/kill all survivors until they have eliminated them all.
For you to be able to play with your friends from either PS4 or Xbox One, you need to ensure that you have updated your PC version of the game too. To do this, head over to Steam and update your game.
Once you have updated, you will notice that you now have the cross-play option available to you, located in the bottom right-hand corner of your screen.
- Rambus PCIe 5.0 Digital Controller Features
If you are playing on PC, click the switch at the bottom of your screen to turn green. It is worth noting that if someone has already invited you to their lobby, you will need to decline it before cross-play can be enabled.
You will also want to ensure that you have the latest version of the game on your PS4 or Xbox One console before you try to add any friends.
If you have done this, go into the person’s friend list you would like to invite. On their profile, you should then see an icon that says ‘PC.’
Once you click on this icon, it will lead you to a new screen showing how many friends are currently playing with them on PC.
Steps To Add Friends In Dead By Daylight Crossplay
Many gamers will be wanting to play this game for a lot longer than the current 20 levels, and it is good to see that the developers listen to their demands and add more and more content. I hope they continue with this for a long time, but we will have to wait and see what the future holds.
The process is straightforward, and all you have to do is add a friend from another console. How to do so:
- Visit your friend’s list, and click on the profile of the person you want to add as a friend.
- Click on the “Add a Friend” button at the top of the screen on both platforms.
- The first time you do this on a console, you will be prompted to download a profile on that console to send invites. These profiles use your friend’s list as a standard address book, so adding your friends from other consoles will only require one profile. If not, then from there on out, it’s all familiar territory.
- If we didn’t need to send invites, we wouldn’t need to do this. However, if you are playing on PS4, I have found that PSN sends identical invites no matter what console both players are on.
- So if you’re unsure, add each other’s PSN IDs in the “Input Friend ID” box. On Xbox one, their Outlook.com accounts are not interchangeable, so the only way is to use the account hash directly.
I hope you find this post helpful. Stay tuned with us for more updates!